Why would you want an energy efficient home?
You'll see the differences every day in your new energy efficient home by Energy Smart New Homes.
- Reduced energy bills
- Healthier indoor air
- Increased value
- Reduced reliance on natural resources
- Lower greenhouse gas output
The energy efficient home offered by Energy Smart New Homes compliments signature touches like raised ceilings and arched openings. The energy efficient features like these and more add even more value.
- Energy Smart New Homes has a set of standards to ensure that your home is the most energy efficient and high performance home around. This includes the utilization of matched HVAC Equipment, 14 SEER Electric Air-to-Air Heat Pump, R-4.2 ductwork located in conditioned space, 6” open-cell sprayed foam roof deck insulation, 3.5” open-cell sprayed foam exterior walls, slab floor, double pane Low-E vinyl windows, and metal poly-core french and solid-core doors. Our homes are substantially more energy efficient than homes built to the minimum code requirements. Based on these high performance materials, Energy Smart New Homes offers a two year High Performance Guarantee which promises your heating and cooling costs will not exceed $59 a month or you will be reimbursed.
- Spray Foam Insulation is better than any other type of insulation at reducing air leakage. Spray foam can fully insulate a home or building, as well as seal it from air and moisture infiltration, resulting in a more efficient structure with lower energy bills. Spray foam can also strengthen the walls and roof of a home or building, as well as protect it from airborne particulates and mold.
- Heat Pump Hot Water Heaters provide an endless supply of heated water at lower cost saving approximately $25/month. These water heaters are more expensive on the front end, but result in much lower bills.
- Ductwork and most plumbing are almost entirely inside the thermal envelope to eliminate exposure to unconditioned air.
- ENERGY STAR Appliances and Fans can save up to $80 a year in energy costs compared to standard appliances. Providing improved quality and durability, ENERGY STAR appliances can result in fewer mechanical problems, longer equipment life, and in many cases extended warranties. Also, ENERGY STAR appliances often include features that decrease operating noise, while others include technologies that reduce water use.
An energy efficient home provides peace of mind that comes from owning a new home with increased savings and a more positive impact on the environment and your family’s health. Energy Smart New Homes has chosen to make foaming the homes standard, something that most builders only offer as an expensive upgrade. We can build your dream home that is perfect for your budget AND your lifestyle.